Can Weight Gain or Loss Affect My Breast Augmentation Results?
If you're considering getting breast augmentation in West Hills, CA, it's crucial to understand the possible implications of weight fluctuations. Below, board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Brian Hwang at Brian Hwang, MD, Plastic Surgery discusses how weight gain or loss can impact your augmented breasts.
Can weight gain affect my breast augmentation procedure?
Putting on weight, especially sudden weight gain, can significantly impact your augmented breasts. Here's why:
- The breasts primarily consist of fat and glandular tissues. When you put on weight, these areas tend to increase in size.
- Depending on the extent of weight gain and your body's specific response, the results of the breast augmentation procedure can be affected.
- This might alter the shape, size, and appearance of your breasts, thus compromising the intended results of your surgery.
What happens if I experience rapid weight loss after breast augmentation?
Just as weight gain can affect your augmentation, rapid weight loss can too. Losing weight quickly after the procedure might:
- Lead to loss of volume in the breasts. This can make the breasts appear deflated or saggy, leading to a less satisfying aesthetic result.
- Depending on the implant type and placement, weight loss can make the implants more noticeable or palpable.
How can I maintain my breast augmentation results amid weight fluctuations?
The good news is that there are strategies to help maintain your breast augmentation results, despite weight fluctuations. Here are a few suggestions:
- Aim for a stable weight: Before undergoing a breast augmentation, try to reach and maintain a comfortable and sustainable weight.
- Healthy lifestyle: Regular exercise and a balanced diet can help maintain a stable weight.
- Regular check-ups: Regular follow-ups with your plastic surgeon will ensure any changes are detected and managed promptly.
Trust your breast augmentation to Dr. Brian Hwang
Considering a breast augmentation procedure involves careful thought and consideration, especially with aspects such as weight changes. Dr. Brian Hwang is a seasoned professional who can guide you through this process and help you understand what to expect. Feel confident in your choice by entrusting your procedure to a knowledgeable and caring team that will put your best interests at the forefront. Contact us at Brian Hwang, MD, Plastic Surgery in West Hills, CA, so we can help you achieve your desired look and support you in maintaining it, even amid life's inevitable fluctuations.